Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Jenner/Fuller Family Christmas


Christmas was so much fun this year! We left home Sunday afternoon to head up to the cottage for the night. The boys cut down a tree and we played some games. It was pretty funny watching my MIL describe dooey-ya-ya. (Shawn's word for diarrhea.)  The next morning we had a yummy breakfast and I hung around with the girls and napped while Ben had fun with the boys snowmobiling. We had Shawn's name for the Fuller gift exchange this year and it was so fun to watch him open his presents. I'm looking forward to next year because we will be spending Christmas at the cottage and we'll get to see Shawn's excitement on Christmas morning. We left just before dinner on Christmas Eve to head to my parents so we would have time to get the kids in bed and relax. Well just getting off the cottage road was an adventure. We have the crappiest tires and we could not get anywhere in the snow. Ben's dad and bro-in-law ended up having to attach a rope from the truck to our car and tow us out. Ben was almost ready to call it quits and suggest staying at the cottage for Christmas. We did eventually get to my parents but needed some help up their driveway.  Ava is starting to understand what Christmas is all about so she was pretty cute on Christmas morning. We got spoiled with our stockings this year because our family is going on a trip to Florida next fall so there were no gifts other than for the kids and what couples got each other. My Mom always makes Christmas a special time for everyone. I meant to take a picture of all our loot but I didn't want to make anyone jealous. It was a fun morning spent with my parents, Daniel, Olivia and Waverlea, and Nathan and Emily. Ammon just loved his little cousin and was trying to kiss her and hold her hand. Emily, Olivia and I went shopping the next day and it was a blast!!! I saved a ton of money! (I won't tell you how much I spent though) It was nice to get away from the kids and have some girl time. The next day Matthew, Kere and the kids came and spent a few days. Ava had a blast with the kids and Lilah kept kissing Ammon and trying to hold him. Too cute! We all had a blast playing games and sledding with the kids. Later on in the week my Mom, Emily and I went to see Les Miserable. It was great!! Yes, we were the ones that started to clap at the end. Haha! We went to Dollarama and snuck in some treats. We had a good laugh at my Mom shoving some chips under her coat and trying to make it look normal. There was a heart-wrenching scene where Anne Hathaway sings 'I dreamed a dream.' Just after the song, there was silence in the theater except for this sound of rustling every few seconds. I looked over at my mom and said, "Did you take those chips out of your coat?" We both started laughing as we realized every time she breathed, you could hear the rustle of chip bags. Ben and I headed back home on Sunday to get ready for the new year. Plus we weren't sleeping well because Mr. Ammon decided he didn't want to sleep the whole time we were up north. Gah!! We had an awesome fun time up north and are already missing our extended family. I was able to take a step back and look at how blessed I am to have such an amazing family with parents, brothers and sisters-in-law who love my kids as much as I do. I am so excited for 2013 and what it has in store. More on the New Year in the next post.
For your viewing pleasure:
Catching up on a year's worth of sleep!

The tree, before the decorations

Nate and Ava. Too cute!

The cottage was a happening place!


My little sock monkey

Monsieur Ammon

William giving Ammon a hug.
"Hey! He scratched me!"


Some adult time.

My sweetheart. This picture makes my heart melt.

Story time with Auntie Emily!

Story time with Grandpa!! 
Mr. Ammon Head
Athen's turn!

The whole gang. (Minus Adam)
We take after our Mother


All the grand kids

Lilah and Ammon

Maia and Ammon. Soo sweet!

Silly faces with Lilah!!

The girls having fun with Nonna!


Beautiful sunset.

Ammon being a good boy and sharing his toys with Waverlea.

Handsome boys.

William showing Athen how to ride his new bike.

Christmas dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment