Monday, January 21, 2013

Goodbye Susu!!


This past friday Ava said goodbye to her good friend since birth. Her beloved susu (soother) floated away as we waved goodbye. Actually it was a failed attempt of attaching it to some helium balloons. It floated down the road a bit and then I had Ben take Ava inside while I chucked it out in the garbage in the garage. Turns out I don't have much luck with balloons. I don't know who is going to miss it more, her or me. Since Ava is getting to be a 'big girl' now, I thought it was time to get rid of it. I must admit I had to be ready for it to go more than her. It is so easy just to stick the darn thing in her mouth to keep her quiet on car rides, nap time, playgroup, church.....oh no! what have I done!!! Haha She was just looking too grown up to have one. We have tried the whole 'put the soother on the dresser' after nap time or in the morning but I would just cave. Either go big or go home right? She has done pretty well without it, although she had a good cry after we let it go. I think she realized it was really gone. She takes more time settling at night and the other day she didn't nap at all but she's getting there. I can't believe how grown up she is getting. She says the funniest things and entertained the Elders all through dinner tonight singing 'the wheels on the bus.' And the other night at dinner she blessed the food that it would strengthen and nourish our batteries. LOL She only wears a diaper at nap and bed-time and gets upset when I tell her she can't wear her big girl undies to bed until she gives up her 'hot bottle' (bottle of warm water.) That will be the next thing to go.

My 'big girl'

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard right now at that video. I can't wait for our next visit.

    ReplyDelete