Monday, January 28, 2013

Friends and Date Night

How awesome are friends? Totally awesome! A while back I kept complaining to Ben that I had no friends in the Burlington area. It was more of a "I have no friends. WAH!" and then I'd sulk. Not like Ben isn't my bestie but sometimes ya just need some girl time. It was probably more my fault than anyone else's because I didn't really put myself out there. So I decided to pray. Well boy were my prayers answered. There have been some awesome families that have moved into our ward (church) within the last year or so and I feel so blessed that I have made some really great friends. Us ladies have had fun getting together for book club and weekly to watch The Bachelor together. It's so fun to get together as girls and just talk and have a few laughs. It's so nice to just get out of the house and forget about being a mom for a few hours. This past Friday we got together at my friends place to make some cute hair bows for our girls. It was a blast! Then on Saturday another friend offered to come over while the kids were in bed so Ben and I could go on a much needed date night. Thank you!!!! Then on Sunday a friend gave me a cute hair clip for Ava to say 'thanks' for showing her how to make hair bows. Then just today another friend dropped off some yummy treats because she knows how addicted I am to them. I answered the door in my sweats from the day before, nasty hair and mascara under my eyes. It was only 4 in the afternoon but who cares, she brought me treats. Haha Then last week when I ordered a bow tie from a good friend from Arizona she threw in 2 more for free! And I am so looking forward to being a bridesmaid in a friends wedding next summer.  I just feel so grateful! My heart is full of love for these wonderful ladies.
So my wonderful friend Maren offered to come hang out at our place while the kiddos were in bed so Ben and I could go out on a date. It was so much fun and I forgot how much fun it is to hang out just him and I. We started off by going bowling. Well let me tell you how much I suck at that. It was fun but I think I have a better chance at beating Ben at a food eating competition than I do at bowling. After bowling we went to Montana's to get our favorite caramel tortilla cheesecake dessert. Soo good! And ended off our night with a romantic trip to...Walmart! Haha You know your married when. Anyway, this weekend was a blast and I'm so thankful for friends and a handsome hunny that allows me to go out and have some girl time!
The End
Cutest packaging from Andrea at Colin's Closet
Cutest little bow ties. Thank You!!!

Ben showing me how it's done.


Date night! Glow in the dark bowling!

Playing hangman while enjoying our dessert at Montana's. Don't tell me dat.

A whopper of a dessert. Deeelish!

1 comment: